Thanks to @Rosa.eats on Instagram for this recipe!
This delicious pasta recipe is packed full of nutritional goodness. Chickpeas are rich in fiber and protein. Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion – chopped
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of tinned tomatoes
4-5 basil leaves
Handful of spinach leaves
Pinch of salt
- 1. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large frying pan and heat through whilst chopping an onion.
- 2. Sauté the chopped onion until tender in the olive oil.
- 3. Add the can of drained chickpeas and cook together with the onion for three minutes.
- 4. Whilst the chickpeas are cooking together with the onion, pour boiling water over the spaghetti in a saucepan
- 5. Stir in the can of tinned tomatoes over the chickpeas and onions.
- 6. Season with the basil and salt.
- 7. Bring to the boil and add the 200g ricotta.
- 8. Cook the sauce for another five minutes, then add the spinach leaves.
- 9. Test the spaghetti to ensure cooked, drain in a colinder and pour boiling water over the spaghetti to remove starch. Add the drained spaghetti to the sauce and mix well.
- 10. Top with grated cheese (optional)