Babies love the sweet taste of apple in their purees. I always recommend you introduce children to the bitter and more green vegetables first. Then you can add the sweet fruit mixes for them.
We love apple with beetroot. It also goes to show you that we're happy to use the bright red beetroot in our bowls as the bowls are super easy to clean with warm soapy water.
2 cooking apples
1 beetroot (150g)
- Peel and dice the apples and beetroot.
- Put the beetroot into a steamer or simmer over boiling water for 15 minutes. Add the peeled apple and steam for a further 10 minutes.
- Test the tenderness but trying to pick them up with a fork – they apple and beetroot should fall off the fork.
- Place the apple and beetroot into a food processor and add some of baby’s milk. Pulse until desired consistency.
- Freeze what you don’t use for a later date.
Apple pairs well with the following ingredients:
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet potato
Have fun trialling different textures and flavours out and always serve in your organic bamboo bowl - check out our new red base too.