1. Using a large mixing bowl, sieve the all purpose flour and add all the water. Stir until completely combined.
2. Scoop two tablespoons of risotto and shape into balls that fit in the palm of your hand. Push the balls flat place the cube of cheese into the centre. Create a ball around the cheese
3. Once the balls are made, dip into the flour and water mixture and then the breadcrumbs
4. Place on a baking tray line with paper, spray with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes turning half way through.
5. Leave to cool before serving on your favourite eco rascals bamboo suction bowl or plate.
This recipe is one of my favourites because it is so easy to make changes. You can replace the cheddar or mozzarella with a vegan cheese alternative to make it dairy and egg free too.
You can use quinoa crumbs to make it gluten free.
When you make your risotto, you can add lots of favourite vegetables and nuts for a crunchier taste.
We use this recipe as part of our meat free Mondays but there are many options to add meat and fish into them too.
Get the kids involved
Here at eco rascals, we're big advocates of getting the kids involved. We recently wrote about the importance of doing this on our UK website - click here.
This recipe is a lovely messy one that toddlers and kids will love. They can help you follow the recipe with measuring or help you to make the little balls up in their hands. You can ask them to set the timer for you. They can also select their favourite eco rascals weaning plate to serve up on.