Christmas time - such a wonderful time of the year! Except when your little one has overdosed on sugary treats.
If you fancy a festive treat which tastes like dessert but is 'relatively healthy'. Try our snowman coconut bliss balls!
1.5 cups of finely shredded coconut (save two tablespoons for outside)
2/3 cup ground almonds
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup (or use liquid honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the shredded coconut, ground almonds, maple syrup and vanilla to a food processor and whizz until mixture sticks together.
- Using your hands (or little helper hands) form little balls until they are firm in your hand – they don’t need to look great at this point.
- Put them in the fridge for half an hour to harden.
- Remove and form the balls neatly in the palm of your hands and roll them in the remaining shredded coconut.
- Put back in the fridge to harden for at least another half an hour.
- Place three balls on a wooden stick and decorate with broken chocolate chips or chocolate icing. Use sweet laces for scarves and oreo cookies for a hat!
How to get the kids involved?
This is such a simple recipe and brilliant to get the kids involved as there is no hot oven to monitor. Ask the little ones to help measure the ingredients and place it all in the blender. Let them push the button and form the balls with their little hands. They can help roll the balls in the coconut and decorate their snowman with their choice of 'treats!'
Serve up on your favourite organic eco rascals plate or bowl.