An avocado in our chocolate brownie recipe?! Whatever next. Do give these a try though as they were extremely moreish and proved a popular post nursery treat.
1 large avocado (roughly chopped)
2 large eggs (beaten)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
¼ cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons unsalted butter / substitute with half mashed banana
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C
- Line your baking tray pan with parchment paper and spray it lightly with coconut oil
- In a food processor, mix the avocado, eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, butter and vanilla until completely smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda and salt to the smooth mixture and whizz until all combined. Add half of your chocolate chips and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the tray and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until you can remove a fork from the centre and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before placing them in the fridge overnight.
- Serve the following day to ensure the tastiest brownie
Note: The brownies can be eaten slightly cooled but we prefer them refrigerated.
Serve up with some fresh berries in your favourite organic bamboo eco rascal bowl with silicone suction base. Pictured here in the owl plate.