A brilliantly diverse recipe which can be as easy or complicated as you like.
2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
½ cup organic frozen vegetable mix
3 large free-range & organic eggs (two beaten together and one boiled - medium)
1 tbsp of low-salt soy sauce
2 tbsp of sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic (crushed) (SUPERFOOD)
¼ cup of fresh coriander leaves and finely sliced stalks(SUPERFOOD)
3 fresh spring onions (finely sliced)
Put aside a pinch of coriander and spring onions for serving.
- Using your hands, break up the cooked rice so the grains aren’t stuck together.
- Beat two eggs together
- For the dressing: mix the sesame oil, juice of half of the lime and the soy sauce together
- Heat some extra sesame oil in a wok on a high heat and add the garlic and coriander for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, add one egg to a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, allow it to simmer for 3 minutes – ensuring a medium boiled egg.
- Next add the frozen vegetables and spring onion and fry for one minute.
- Add the brown rice and stir well ensuring it doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom of the pain. Ensure the rice cooks all the way through and is piping hot.
- Make space in the frying pan and pour the beaten egg into it and cook for one minute until scrambled and then fold the egg mixture into the rice mixture.
- Once cooked through, stir in the dressing and divide between bowls.
- Peel the medium boiled egg and quarter – add to the top of the bowl for serving.
- Scatter the remaining spring onion and coriander on top.
Play around with this recipe until you get a family favourite. Great additions include red peppers, chicken or prawns.
Check out our readers most read recipe here - Mango and Chicken curry.
Pictured: Egg fried rice made at the eco rascals™ head-quarters and served in our organic bamboo bowl with detachable silicone suction base. Available to purchase here.