We know that not all of our readers are just catering for toddlers and preschoolers so we thought we'd share this tasty treat for the big kids too!
A friend of ours made this for us last year and she held a Grinch themed Christmas Eve party. She kindly shared her recipe (I think I preferred not knowing what was in it as it's a lot of naughty and not a lot of nice - but it's Christmas so we're indulging).
0.5 cup popcorn kernels
3.5 cups mini-marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds or red M&Ms
0.5 teaspoons of green food colouring
1. Add the popcorn kernels to a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and put the lid on.
2. Meanwhile in another pan, melt the butter, 3 cups of the mini-marshmallows in pan.
3. Once the butter and marshmallows are melted into a thin liquid, add the green food colouring.
4. Place the popcorn onto a baking sheet and pour the wet liquid on top.
5. Allow to cool before serving with the pomegranate seeds, M&Ms and leftover marshmallows.
NOTE: This recipe is recommended for the big kids - not for any children under the age of 4. You should monitor children eating both popcorn and marshmallows.
We recommend serving this delicious treat up on a brand new snack plates - the snail and ladybird. Best eaten in front of the TV whilst watching The Grinch Christmas movie.