- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g of lamb mince or quorn mince
- 500ml of vegetable broth
- 3 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- Knob of butter
- Splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the onion and carrot together for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your choice of mince to the recipe. If using quorn, you may require more oil as the natural fats of lamb will mean this isn’t required.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir over the heat for 4 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth and lower the heat so the ingredients just simmer. Stir occasionally over 40 minutes
- Meanwhile, boil and mash the potatoes with a knob of butter and a splash of milk.
- In an oven proof dish, layer the mince at the bottom and the mash on top and bake 30-40 minutes more.
- Flash grill for a crispy potato top for 5 minutes at the end.
How to get the kids involved?
Your little ones can be in charge of scrubbing the potatoes and mashing them for you too!
Let them retrieve the carrots from the fridge/cupboard and wash them for you.
Whilst it’s in the oven, ask them to help wash up and put the pans away.
Anyone above three in your house? Then they can help you lay the table!