We love creating recipes for you but we also find that you guys have even better recipes that us! This recipe from @familycookshare is delicious and perfect for all ages. Aubergine has been on my list of foods to try and reintroduce to my daughter who decided she didn't like it a few months ago.
We made Monique's Ragu last night and it was a hit with the whole family.
- 1 large aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 red onion - finely diced
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 150ml of low salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tins of plum tomatoes
- 2 Portobello mushrooms - sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 50g spinach
- A pinch of rosemary
- A pinch of thyme
- 100g bulgar wheat and red and white quinoa mix (or substitute with pasta or rice)
1. Place the aubergine and mushrooms in a roasting dish and sprinkly with thyme and olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
2. Whilst it's roasting, add some olive oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic and herbs for 3 minutes.
3. Add the butter, tinned tomatoes and the stock to the saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Cook your chosen carbohydrate in another saucepan (bulgar wheat, quinoa, pasta and rice)
5. Add the roasted aubergine to the tomato sauce and stir well.
Serve up in your favourite eco rascals bamboo plate - pictured here by Monique on our organic car plate.
Thank you so much for sharing my recipe! This is certainly a family favourite in our house.