This is the most searched recipe for toddlers and during lockdown. We've got our very own gluten free version that the kids love.
135g brown sugar
80ml almond milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 organic and free range eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, eggs and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, mash three out of four of your bananas and add the almond milk.
3. Mix the two wet ingredients together and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Pour the batter mixture into a bread tin and place two half bananas on top.
5. Bake in the over for 50 minutes at 180 Celcius.
How to get the kids involved
Baking with the children is the perfect way to bond, to teach and to get a little help. This recipe has lots of ways for children to help. Ask them to count out four bananas for the recipe. Let them mash the banana with the back of a fork or potato masher.
Let them build some muscle by mixing the two wet mixtures together and ask for their help spooning in the baking powder and baking soda.
Serve up your delicious banana bread a slice at a time on your favourite eco rascals bamboo suction plate with a side of your favourite fruit and veg.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!