Five years ago, I was 'that' person in the room who thought Quinoa was pronounced 'Quin-no-ah'. It wasn't something anyone in my immediate circle consumed. I still remember the feeling of wanting the world to swallow me whole when I said it wrong to a group of colleagues in London.
Fast forward five years and I've literally made so many different dishes with Quinoa for myself and the kids - it's become as much as a staple as potatoes and pasta.
These cheesy veggie quinoa bites are wonderfully easy to prepare. They resemble a chicken nugget enough for my children to look past the 'orange bits' they might see inside them.
What you'll need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup, chopped onion
1 1/3 cups broccoli florets
2 medium carrots shredded
1/2 cup green peas, frozen
2 large organic free range eggs
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked Quinoa
What you have to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F/190C.
2. In a medium pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil, then add onions, broccoli, and the grated carrots. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, lowering the heat if the onions start to brown.
3. Stir in your frozen peas, then add salt and pepper based on your families requirements.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then fold in the grated cheese, the pre-cooked Quinoa and the cooked veggies.
5. Pack the mixture into a quarter cup measuring cup, then knock the cakes onto a greased baking tray, spaced evenly.
Bake at 375/190 for 10 minutes, then flip, and bake 5-8 minutes more.
Allow to cool slightly before serving up on your favourite eco rascals organic bamboo super suction base. Shop the ladybird plate.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!