We've got the simplest sweet potato pancake recipe that is easy to recreate whether you are a seasoned chef or a complete kitchen novice.
Using just four simply ingredients, you'll be able to serve up six of our simply sweet potato pancakes which are perfect for breakfast, lunch and snack times.
Course: Breakfast and Lunch
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Serves 2-3
- 1 whole sweet potato - cooked and mashed
- 1 egg
- 30ml of milk
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Cook your sweet potato for 45 minutes in the oven
- Cut in half and scrape out the soft sweet potato from the skin and place in a bowl.
- Add your egg, milk and chocolate chips into the sweet potato mash and stir well
- Cook in a frying pan on the hob like a normal pancake
- Serve up on you eco rascals elephant suction plate.
Watch the how-to video here:
Not only do these pancakes offer a unique and delicious twist, but sweet potatoes also bring a plethora of health benefits to the table. Packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, these pancakes are a tasty way to kick-start your day on a nutritious note.
To achieve a more pancake texture, you could blend the sweet potato in a mixer with the egg and milk and you can add a few teaspoons of all purpose flour.