Pumpkin Cake Pops & Decorative Halloween Biscuits
Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by baking delicious and spooky treats with your kids? In this recipe guide, we'll show you how to make Pumpkin Cake Pops and decorate Halloween Biscuits that your little ones will absolutely love.
For Pumpkin Cake Pops:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (or prepare your own from scratch)
- 250g of chocolate frosting (1 cup)
- Orange candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Black icing
Note: If Candy Melts are hard to come by, you can using baking white chocolate with food colouring.
For Halloween Cookies:
- 325g all-purpose flour (2 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 225g butter, softened (1 cup)
- 300g caster sugar (1.5 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar
- Food colouring
- Halloween-themed biscuit cutters
- Edible markers
For Pumpkin Cake Pops:
Bake the cake according to the package instructions or your own recipe. Let it cool completely.
Crumble the cooled cake into fine crumbs using your hands.
Mix in the chocolate frosting until you have a dough-like consistency.
Shape the mixture into small pumpkin-like balls. Use the lollipop stick to create the pumpkin shape like shown in the video and insert lollipop sticks into each one to create cake pop handles.
Melt the orange candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Add the top of a pretzel stick to create a stem (optional)
Dip each cake pop into the melted orange candy and allow them to set on a parchment paper-lined tray.
Using the green candy melts, create the pumpkin's stem on top of each cake pop.
Once the candy coating is set, use black icing to add spooky faces to your pumpkin cake pops.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
For Halloween Biscuits:
Sift the flour and the baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and the sugar in a with a food mixer.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla Essence into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Roll the dough together and then roll it out until 1.5cm thick. Using your biscuit cutters or a mug to create shapes/circles.
Bake the biscuits in a pre-heated oven for around 8-10 minutes at 190 degrees celcius. Allow them to cool completely.
Prepare different colors of icing and place them in piping bags for decorating.
Let your kids unleash their creativity by decorating the cookies with the Halloween inspired icing.
Allow the icing to set, and your Halloween cookies are ready to be enjoyed!
These spooktacular treats are perfect for Halloween parties, trick-or-treat gatherings, or as delightful gifts for friends and family. Have a blast baking and decorating with your kids, and make this Halloween extra special with these homemade goodies!
Serve all your halloween treats up on our perfect sharing plates.